Sunday, October 2, 2011

Chemistry Major interns with Lubrizol Corporation

Chemistry major Julie Arko completed a second summer as an intern with Lubrizol Corporation of Wickliffe, OH. Lubrizol manufactures specialty chemicals for the transportation, industrial and consumer markets. Recent grants from Lubrizol Corporation have supported AU's Environmental Lecture Series.

Julie writes, "My experience the past two summers interning for the Lubrizol Corporation have been extremely beneficial. I have been able to take many things I’ve learned in my chemistry courses at Ashland University and apply them to an industrial lab setting. I became much more comfortable working in the labs, and it was very interesting to be exposed to many different types of chemistry going on at one time. It was also very beneficial to be surrounded by so many chemists who were more than willing to share their experience and advice with me. This internship was truly invaluable. I was able to fully understand what it like to be a research chemist day in and day out, the demands it requires, and the satisfaction you get out of it. It is definitely an experience I would recommend to anyone interested in chemistry. The education I have received at Ashland University truly prepared me for my internship the past two summers, and I am sure it will continue to benefit me in the future."

No comments:

Post a Comment