- Stone Laboratories on Gibraltar Island, just off Sandusky, Ohio, is a great local way to get some aquatic field research experience, and take a number of classes. You can take one of their five-week classes and apply for a scholarship (apps due March 16th), or do research at the same time in their REU program and get free room and board (apps due Feb 24th).
- Duke Marine Lab in Beaufort, NC, has undergraduate research positions in coastal and estuarine science - application deadline is February 15th.
- The Grice Marine Lab at the College of Charleston has research positions in Marine and Environmental Biology - application deadline February 19th.
- Oregon States Ocean Sciences REU research program has a February 15th deadline.
- The Oregon Institute of Marine Biology is offering summer courses.
- Friday Harbor Labs in the Puget Sound is an excellent place to take a summer course in marine biology.
You can find other summer research opportunities on this blog, and don't forget to check out the National Science Foundation's directory of Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) to find all programs in the country.