Summer Research at Lake Erie's Stone Laboratory
Research Experience for Undergraduates Deadline: February 24 (Wednesday!)
In Stone Lab’s Research Experience for Undergraduates Scholarship Program, you can learn how to conduct real, in-the-field research while using scientific equipment, exploring the Lake Erie islands, and collecting important data to help solve Lake Erie’s most pressing problems.
Choose from one of several focus areas, including:
• Entomology, the study of insects
• Limnology, the study of inland waters
• Ornithology, the study of birds
• Biological collections curation
Summer Research in Polymer Science
The NSF REU site for Polymer Science and Polymer Engineering at The University of Akron will again accept applications for the summer of 2010. This year’s stipend amount is $7,000. The deadline for applications is March 15, 2010. The program is primarily for undergraduate students who are currently sophomores or juniors. The application should include the attached form, official transcript(s), 2 letters of recommendation, and a letter of intent (background, area of interest, career goals) sent to Marj Riccardi (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Summer Research Opportunity for Minority Students
Marshall University’s Biomedical Sciences graduate program is pleased to announce its 2nd Annual Summer Research Internship for Minority Students (SRIMS) to take place the summer of 2010. Applications from undergraduate minority students who have NOT graduated by August 2010 will be considered.
The program is nine weeks of graduate-level research in the field of biomedical sciences. Participants will receive formal research training while expanding their learning experience through workshops, seminars on current topics, mentoring and use of state-of-the-art core facilities.
• Dates for Summer 2010: June 1st – July 30th
• $3,000 stipend PLUS FREE ROOM and BOARD and ASSISTANCE with TRAVEL!
• Present results of research project at WV Summer Research Symposium
• Application deadline is March 15th, 2010
• Minority applicants only (e.g. Native American, Hispanic, African American, persons with disabilities). People of Indian decent are not considered minority in the science field. Applicant must be a US Citizen or have a green card.
Department of Commerce Internships
The Department of Commerce (DOC) has announced the availability of internships during the Summer of 2010 in its Internship Program for Postsecondary Students. These internships offer opportunities to participants for hands-on education and training related to the their fields of interest and those of the DOC.
Internships will be available in the Washington, D.C metro area; however, some internships might be available at DOC Offices and Bureaus in other locations. ORISE will accept applications for Summer 2010 through March 2010.