Most summer research programs have application deadlines in February. That makes the holiday break a good time to complete and submit applications before the spring semester begins. You will typically need one or two letters of recommendation, so talk with professors to line those up before the holiday break. Check back with this blog for updates and check out the listing of National Science Foundation funded programs across the country. Another place to search for opportunities is on the Ohio Means Internships webpage, or by using the "summer research internships" tag on this site.
And as always, talk to your faculty advisor if you need help or have questions.
Some recent opportunities we have heard about:
- National Nanotechnology Infrastructure Network undergraduate research program
- Harvard Forest summer research program
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln summer research program
- University of Cincinatti summer surgery and neuroscience experiential programs
- Stone Laboratories on Lake Erie
- Collegiate Leaders in Environmental Health at the CDC
- Department of Energy scholars program
- Micky Leland Energy Fellowship
- US Department of Homeland Security (DHS) HS-STEM summer internships