|Anna Falls, Jared Baisden, Megan Liggett and Mallorie Boron pose for a photo with the Mole and other characters from the ACS Exposition|
Seven chemistry faculty members and eight of their research students gave presentations at the 245th National Meeting & Exposition of the American Chemical Society held in New Orleans. This conference attracted more than 15,500 chemists, graduate and undergraduate students, as well as other professionals. The AU students attending were Drew Adkins (Chemistry, '13), Jared Baisden (Biochemistry '13), Mallorie Boron (Biochemistry & Forensic Chemistry '13), Katelyn Elliott (junior chemistry major), Anna Falls (junior biochemistry major), Megan Liggett (Biochemistry '13), Jennifer Pyle (Biology '13), and Aaron Tipton (junior biochemistry major). Faculty members attending were Dr. Robert Bergosh, Dr. Perry Corbin, Dr. Rebecca Corbin, Dr. Brian Mohney, Prof. Trina Mohney, Dr. Nick Regan, and Dr. Jeff Weidenhamer.
Ten technical presentations were given by the AU students and faculty. Coauthors included several science alumni as well as additional science students faculty members.
- “Isolation and exploration of the biological properties
of natural products from the invasive plant Phragmites australis.” Drew Adkins, Robert G. Bergosh, Jeffrey D. Weidenhamer, Mei Li (Chemistry '12), Kelly Sullivan (EVS/Bio '13) and Dr. Mason Posner.
- “Synthesis and time dependent toxicity of nicotine analogs.” Jennifer Pyle, Robert G. Bergosh, Kelly Mozena (Chemistry/Chem. Ed. '10), Megan Liggett and Dr. Douglas A. Dawson.
- “Progress towards the synthesis of resorcinarene-core
polylactide/polyethylene glycol star block copolymers using click
chemistry.” Aaron E. Tipton, Anna C. Falls and Perry S. Corbin.
- “Measuring halogenated flame retardants by silicone
tubing mictroextraction.” Megan E. Liggett, Brian K. Mohney and
Jeffrey D. Weidenhamer.
- “Synthesis, characterization, and degradation of
multi-armed calixarene-core polylactide star polymers.” Anna C. Falls,
Mei Li, and Perry S. Corbin.
- “Bioavailability of cadmium in inexpensive jewelry.” Mallorie
L. Boron and Jeffrey D. Weidenhamer.
- “Isolation and characterization of a suspected
phytoalexin from Acer rubrum L.” Jared T. Baisden, Janna Pearson, Beth Miller-Lisy (Chemistry '98), Robert G. Bergosh and Jeffrey D.
- “Synthesis of nicotine analogs using click chemistry.” Katelyn
Elliot and Robert G. Bergosh.
- “Impact of the cCWCS Renewable Energy Workshop on curriculum and outreach at Ashland University.” Rebecca W. Corbin.
- “ACS activities at Ashland University” by Anna C. Falls, Marie R. Southerland (Biochemistry '12), Cassandra E. Nix (junior EVS/Bio/Tox major) , Mallorie L. Boron, Katelyn B. Elliot, Perry S. Corbin, Rebecca W. Corbin, Dr. Matthew L. Arthur, Brian K. Mohney, and Nicholas B. Regan.
|Dr. Weidenhamer, Drew Adkins, and Dr. Bergosh at the ACS Meeting|